Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Album Cover Inspiration

I want my album cover to portray my love of summer and color.

I decided to look up Beach Boys albums and came across That's Why God Made the Radio. I really liked that there were multiple waves of different colors.

Image 1: The Beach Boys "That's Why God Made the Radio"

I also gathered inspiration from Mika's Life in Cartoon Color. This album is super bright, colorful, and happy, much like his music. I also really liked the fonts chosen, especially the contrast between the bold "MIKA" and cursive "life in cartoon motion". The long shadow coming from MIKA really caught my eye.

Image 2: Mika "Life in Cartoon Motion"

Finally, I got inspiration from the One More Time by Daft Punk (apparently the other album cover I liked was fake...I double checked and this one is real!). I like how minimal but fun this album cover is.

Image 3: Daft Punk "One More Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment